If you already have your SSL Certificate and just need to install it, see IIS 7 SSL Certificate Installation.
How to generate a CSR in Microsoft IIS 7
New: Use the DigiCertUtil to create your CSR and automatically install the certificate on any Windows machine. If you have any questions and would like expert help with your installation feel free to chat with an SSL expert – they’re ready to help regardless of where you purchased your SSL certificate.
IIS 7 CSR video walkthrough
- Click Start, then Administrative Tools, then Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Click on the server name.
- From the center menu, double-click the “Server Certificates” button in the “Security” section (it is near the bottom of the menu).
- Next, from the “Actions” menu (on the right), click on “Create Certificate Request.” This will open the Request Certificate wizard.
- In the “Distinguished Name Properties” window, enter the information as follows:
Common Name – The name through which the certificate will be accessed (usually the fully-qualified domain name, e.g., www.domain.com or mail.domain.com).
Organization – The legally registered name of your organization/company.
Organizational unit – The name of your department within the organization (frequently this entry will be listed as “IT,” “Web Security,” or is simply left blank).
City/locality – The city in which your organization is located.
State/province – The state in which your organization is located.
Country/region – If needed, you can find your two-digit country code in our list.
- Click Next.
- In the “Cryptographic Service Provider Properties” window, enter the following information and then, click Next:
Cryptographic service provider – In the drop-down list, select Microsoft RSA SChannel…, unless you have a specific cryptographic provider.
Bit length – In the drop-down list, select 2048 (or higher).
- Enter a filename for your CSR file.
Remember the filename that you choose and the location to which you save it. You will need to open this file as a text file and copy the entire body of it (including the Begin and End Certificate Request tags) into the online order process when prompted.
- After you receive your SSL Certificate from DigiCert, you can install it.
Vea nuestras instrucciones en español: IIS 7 Crear CSR.
Generating a CSR for Issuance of an SSL Certificate in IIS
Para instrucciones y un video en español que trata de IIS 7 Crear CSR.
How to generate a Certificate Signing Request for your Microsoft IIS Web Server