The preferred way to install oVirt is by using your operating system’s package manager.
If you are new to oVirt and would like an easy way to try oVirt, download our Live versionwhere you can use oVirt on CentOS without installing it on your machine.
- 4 GB memory
- 20 GB disk space
- Network storage
Supported OSes (Engine)
- Fedora 23
- CentOS Linux 6.8 (3.6 only), 7.2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.8 (3.6 only), 7.2
- Scientific Linux 6.7 (3.6 only), 7.2
- oVirt follows the Red Hat Customer Portal Browser Support Policy
- We validate against and fully support the use of recent versions of the following “evergreen” browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge
- These are known as “evergreen” browsers because they automatically update themselves to the most recent available version.
(Optional) Mobile Client
- Android 4.1 or above
- Download moVirt or from play store using your device
Install oVirt using package manager
oVirt 4.0 is intended for production use and is available for the following platforms:
Our recommended method of installing oVirt is to use the pre-built packages for Fedora or a supported Enterprise Linux 7 distribution, such as CentOS Linux or Red Hat Enterprise Linux. This makes installing oVirt very easy.
Important: If you’re upgrading from a previous version, please update ovirt-release40 and verify you have the correct repositories enabled by running the following commands before upgrading with the usual procedure.
# yum install http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release40.rpm
You should also read the Release Notes for oVirt 4.0.0.